Just a reminder that Growth Co. has 3 development categories we focus on: Personal, Spiritual & Communal. This post of “On Draft” will highlight all 3! Yay! The other night, I was wondering what people say are the most important things to know, apply or learn as a young adult. This simple google search landed me on an article called “Things to Start Doing in Your 20s so You Don’t Live in Regret in Your 40s”.
Read article here: https://www.businessinsider.com/what-to-do-in-your-20s-2017-10
To our buddies in their 30s, this is NOT a diss!! These are applicable to ALL 🙂
This quote caught my eye “They say the youth is wasted on the youth”. I can’t speak for everyone, but I know for me – personally – I can struggle with feeling like I should be so much further in my life accomplishments OR I’m still so young and have so much life to live! I found these points helpful. I will simply list them, so that we can spark conversation around them genuinely. I look forward to the conversations we will have!!
- Learn to love and accept yourself.
- Learn to say no with confidence.
- Take more risks.
- Pull the trigger (don’t fear failure).
- Turn your weaknesses into strengths.
- Learn to negotiate with politeness.
- Forgive yourself.
- Don’t compare yourself to others.
- Don’t be afraid to change directions.
- Don’t rack up debt.
- Don’t burn your bridges.
- Don’t try to think of the future as some kind of stopping point for fun things
- Do not spend one more minute of your life with someone who makes you feel like you are less than you are.
- Take care of your body.
- Don’t get caught up in the cycle of buying expensive things to keep up with the Joneses.
- Build upon friendships.
- Don’t rush to cram stuff into your 20s because you think you should.
Here’s the list! 17 life changing lessons, according to the holy Google.
I can’t wait to see how these speak to you.